Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Toy Wreaths

Need to know what to do with those old toys that are missing pieces or those McDonald toys that your kids play with for a whole five minutes and then use them as flying ammo as they dig through their toy chest looking for the stuff they really want to play with? Uh, huh. Me, too.

And then I visited my Infarrantly Creative friend (alright so..."friend" is kind of stretching it. I stalk her and she hides in fear) and I decided when you can't decide what to do with stuff....go blog stalking. Preferably at a person's blog who is more creative than yourself.

Now, I'll admit that I thought I had waaaaay more stuff than I do, but I toy purged before we moved and that resulted in a loss of many toys that would have been great for this. BUT, since these kind of toys multiply like bunnies...I'm thankful that this is a project that you can keep adding to more and more...and more.........and more....for-evah.

I didn't get the chance to get to Joann's for her cool wire wreath, but I did have an old baby gym that had wired arches that you hung toys from. I used tape to keep them together...eh, once the toys are full, you won't notice!Since all my kiddos have used it and some of the hanging toys were missing, I used the wire arches to make a circle or wreath rather than sending it off to Goodwill. I also used their old wooden names that hung in their room, took their first initial and added it to their wreaths because they'll each need their own, of course.

Now, it's obviously going to take some time to get it looking nice and full like the original, but it'll get there. Trust me.
Poor polka-dot wreath....you'll soon have lots of toys on you, too!

4 comments:

  1. Carrie I LOVE IT. The initial just adds to it. Perfect! I will post it on my blog on Friday for my "You Inspire me Post."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute....keeps them from turning random toys into pretend guns...I had to "chuck", "give the ol' heave ho" to a play giraffe once for that reason. If I only had thought of the wreath idea I could have saved the little bugger...Oh well, lesson learned. And again, my other sister, aka Beckie, shows off her creativity and then the fur real sister, implements...gotta love our gene pool. B:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreaths!!! What a creative idea...I have never seen that before-
    Thanks for stopping by my blog-I just read you have a bunch of kids under five (!!!)-I am REALLY glad you stopped by!
    I love your verse on your profile-I just used that today in my post....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUCH a fun and creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? I {heart} you. No, really. I do.