Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Silver-WHERE?

I had these two shelves, sheeee? (I'm talkin' like Humphry Bogart here, people, work with me.)

And I had a decorative tea pot, sheeeee?

And a green glass....something, sheee?

And some decorative candle holders, sheee?

And it needed to come together, sheeee?

But when it came together, it was missing something 'kitchen-y', sheeee?

So, here's what I did, shweeetharrt.

I took this picture, sheee? (Ok, I'm done with that.)

(hmmm....upside down, but you get the picture...)

and painted it black. (aaaahhhh......) 97 cent spray paint from Wallymart, of course.

Then, I cut two different sized ovals. Thank you, Creative Memories cutting system.

I stuck 'em together with a glue stick, put them back in the frame-without the glass and then rounded up a spoon, knife and fork and used these little puppies to stick them to the paper.
Can't see 'em? GLUE DOTS! They are soooooo cool and come in very handy! Just pull the glue dots off the roll and stick them to the points on the silverware that will touch the paper and carefully, shove them on there. Be sure you have them right where you want them 'cause them glue dots are so awesome, you'll probably rip your paper trying to re-position them. Just sayin'.

Put it all together and what do you got? Bibbidy, bobbity, BOO! (I think I watch too much tv)
I don't have to tell you to overlook the sippies, do I?

That's it! and I love it. If only I can find something else other than that picture there. What do you say?

Here's lookin' at you, kid.

(I couldn't resist)

Check out A Soft Place to Land for other do-it-yourself projects!

10 comments:

  1. Love it as always! An idea instead of the picture...would an old, wooden window frame work? You know, one of those that you see with the shutters. Just an idea...I know you will come up with something very clever, creative and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin-I would probably really like that, but my husband hates those. Seriously, hates. I don't know why. He hardly says anything negative about my decorating except he did say, "Just don't use any of those windows." Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like that picture...I think it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea...love it! (I like that picture, too ;)

    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute! i would never have thought of that.

    thanks for stopping by to see me.

    randee

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and very clever. I love the green and black together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. Cute. And now, if all the silverware is dirty, you know where to find an extra set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea- and these sell for so much in the stores!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment? I {heart} you. No, really. I do.